Monday, June 16, 2014

Count Your Blessings- April 14, 2014

Family and Friends

Whoa I dont know how Heavenly Father does it but the days seem like weeks and the weeks seem like days! Somehow time goes so fast yet so slow at the same time. 

This week I really have been learning a lot about the power of couting my blessings. It is amazing when you are feeling down or exhausted and you cant do anymore and you start to think about the things you are grateful for how quickly your attitude changes! It helps even more to vocally thank Heavenly Father for them. 

Like yesterday I was totally overwhelmed after church between meeting tons of new people and a new language I felt like I couldnt do anymore. Our next door neighbor, a member who we lovingly call Mom, somehow found out that my feet hurt. She gave me a foot massage while my companion and I worked on some paper work. She is a message therapist so it is normal for her to do stuff like that. But even the most seeminly small things to others are so great to me. 

Another time a man walked up to us while Sister Marinho was helping me with pronuciation in portuguese while reading the Book of Mormon and asked us if we were reading the word of God. Of course we replied yes. We then had the opportunity to teach him about the Book of Mormon, which he gratefully accepted. Never in my life have I taught a person who approached me and asked me who I was and what I believed in... until now.

I loved the talk by President Uchtdorf about being grateful in any circumstance. There were so many things that stood out to me and made me feel like he was talking directly to me. 


We have so much work to do in this area. I always come home so tired! The people are so great and loving. Suzana is ready for baptism but we need permission from her mom. Cleberson after months finally accepted an invitation to be baptized, he is being interviewed this week. Gerson has so much faith we just need to help him get to church. Nazareno is practically a member he just needs to get married legally. (Here in Brasil the government doesnt recognize religious weddings)

Hope you all have a great week!
Remember the Lord loves you and the Church is True!
Sister Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment