Monday, June 16, 2014

Butterflies-March 31, 2014

Family and Friends!

Another week has come and gone and I can't believe it. I don't have much time left today, but I wanted to share a special experience from this week. 
 
As you know I have been having a hard time adjusting to being here and not in PA anymore. I miss all of those I came in contact in PA, OH, and WV. It was one of the greatest blessings in my life to spend so much time with all of you!
 
Butterflies have been one of my favorites for a couple of years. Before they were just pretty and a sign of happiness to me. Then on a particualarly hard day for me this past week I saw a pretty little butterfly. As I watched it silently enjoying its presence, I realized something. The care free butterfly wasn't always that way. It was a tiny catterpiller with a limited ground view. Then it created a cacoon and spent time changing. Then in a final battle before the freedom it has a beautiful butterfly, it had to get out of that darn cacoon. Like the beautiful butterfly, we start on the ground as a caterpillar. We have a limited view. Then one day Heavenly Father inspires us to build our own cacoon and make a hard and long change. Then to finish changing we have to get out of our cacoon. When we emerge from our cacoon of change, we have become a beautiful butterfly that has a greater and higher perspective. We have more freedom because we have changed, we are more beautiful because we changed, and we have a greater appreciation for the cacoon that has changed us. Life is hard and change is hard. But each day I count the butterflies and remember that God is helping me become a beautiful butterfly of my own. 
 
Doctrine and Coventants 98:1-3

Verily I say unto you my friends, afear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give bthanks;
 aWaiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament—the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.
 Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been aafflicted shall work together for your bgood, and to my name’s glory, saith the Lord.
Remember the Lord loves you and the Church is TRUE!

Love 
Sister Nay

Things that I have eaten, seen, done:
 
Açai- a fruit that they drink the juice.
I met a genuine Catholic monk from Italy. Like the brown robe and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment