Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Third Area Week 25- Let the Holy Spirit Guide (2-10-2014)

Family and Friends!

W-O-R-K is what missionaries do. Even in crazy weather like what we have been having. Like yesterday it was snowing super hard when we got out of church and we had to go home. Our apartment is up a hill like everything here in PA and we got stuck halfway up. So I had to get out of the car and push while my companion continued to drive. I never thought in a million years that I would have to push a mission car up a hill on a Sunday. Especially since I had pushed our car out of snow only 3 days previous at a members house. Everyday Brazil looks better and better. Except for the 100 degree temperature difference. We are consistently hanging out somewhere between 10 and 15 degrees out here!

Tuesday we had a pretty large dumping of snow and so Sister Hathaway and I spent about 3 hours the next day going around our neighborhood shoveling snow and scrapping ice off of cars. We ended up helping this cute little Chinese girl scrap off her car so she could get to school on time. She invited us over if we ever wanted genuine Chinese food. She was super cute and sweet. She is studying business at the university here.
So this week we have been working hard on finding new people to teach and working closely with some select investigators as well.

Let the Holy Spirit guide;
Let him teach us what is true.
He will testify of Christ,
Light our minds with heaven's view.
One of our investigators is very special to both Sister Hathaway and I. She has progressed so much since we met her and she loves the Gospel. This week we really have been focusing on helping her recognize the Spirit testifying the truth of the Gospel to her. We have really been trying to focus on praying and asking God to know the truth of all things. I truly have come to know that the Spirit will testify to all of us if we but ask. We are told in John 14:26 that He will teach us all things and bring to our remembrance all things. As you go throughout life, remember to turn to God and listen for the promptings of the Holy Ghost and He will guide you to what you need to do.

Let the Holy Spirit guard;
Let his whisper govern choice.
He will lead us safely home
If we listen to his voice.

Earlier this week our phone was stolen at a local restaurant and the mission was unable to get us a new phone until this week. So Sister Hathaway and I have really had to listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost to guide us to where to be and where not to be. For, example we were going to visit a former investigator one night when both of us felt very strongly that we should not be in that neighborhood and that we should visit a family from our ward (congregation). I have never felt the Holy Ghost more strongly in my life guiding me to when and where I am supposed to be. I was recently told to let Jesus Christ be the pilot of my soul. And we can do that through the Holy Ghost and listening to His quiet promptings to our hearts and minds. I testify that if we listen to the Holy Ghost we will be guided to the things of God and we will be protected and comforted.
I hope that all of your weeks are great! I love each and everyone of you and I am grateful for all your support and friendship.
Remember the Lord loves you and the Church is true!
Sister Nay

http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2012-01-012-patterns-of-light-spirit-of-revelation?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment