Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Third Area Week 23- New Area, New Opportunities, New Hope! (1-20-2014)

Family and Friends!

I have been so caught up in emailing all of you that I no longer have time to write my usual email! Oops!
I am in Greensburg,PA this transfer with Sister Hathaway. We get along really well, so I am looking forward to the next 6 weeks together!

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes! I will be turning 21 next Wednesday so some of you were a little early but thanks for remembering me!

I am excited to do the work here. Right before I got here Sister Hathaway and her old comp picked up 2 new investigators that have already come to church 2 times! They are amazing. We are planning to set them with a solid date tonight, so please pray for us! Tammy and Perry are really special and they truly have been prepared to hear the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! On Thursday we invited them to pray to know if the church is true and if they should get baptized. Yesterday I was sitting next to Tammy in Relief Society and she wrote me a note saying, "I know I want to be baptized." I am excited for the work to be done here.

Yesterday we had a really cool experience. We were dropping by a less-active after church to set up an appointment. As we were walking back to the car, I told Sister Hathaway we needed to go back and knock their neighbors door. Their neighbor let us in and we told her a little about the Church and she was pretty interested. We have plans to see her later this week and follow up with her. Heavenly Father really is looking out for His children and prepares their hearts of those who are ready to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

My new addy is:
216 Shenandoah Dr. Apt. 302
Latrobe,PA 15650

Remember the Lord loves you and the Church is True!
Sister Nay

A note to Mom: 

I am okay, so don't worry. The Lord saw fit to test my willingness to be humble and as soon as I made the decision to I was happier. 
 
Sister Hathaway and I get along really well, I am almost afraid with your Brazil update that my comp in Brazil will be hard. Cause I had Sister Roberts who was a blast, Sister Valikoula that struggled, Sister Cohen who was a God send, and Sister Manwill that struggled. So with me getting along with Sister Hathaway I am almost afraid that the pattern will continue and I will have a hard comp next.

Tuesday night I laid on the floor in tears because I felt a strange sense of relief from getting transfered. I still don't know why President didn't take my advice, but whatever. I also cried because I felt like an awful missionary because I thought I was put as Jr. to a greenie. To be honest I still don't know what is going on there, but I almost feel like I am a follow up trainer. Her trainer wasn't very patient and she doesn't really know how to do somethings. I am guiding her in what to do. We have a lot of work to do on the area book and stuff which I have done in every area. I feel so much better, please dont worry about me! We get along super well and I am having so much fun. I feel so much better with the members of the ward and everything. I have already had some great experiences here and it hasn't been a week yet.

I have come to realize that Heavenly Father was testing me. He made it so I didn't know who was really in charge and thought it was my comp. to see how I would react especially after the last two transfers. My time with Sister Manwill was a shear uphill climb and my first night here was the last leg before some relief. The next day I watched a mormon message called the Will of God by D. Todd Christofferson based on a talk called Those Whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth. I think I watched it like 6 times. I decided to change my perspective and choose to be humble and learn. After I made that decision, it felt like I finally broke the surface and I could breathe again after 3 months of feeling like I was being suffocated. I have been happier ever since.
 
Love you
Sister Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment