Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Second Area Week 22- Grateful (1-13-2014)

Family and Friends!

I can't believe another transfer has come and gone. Tomorrow is transfer meeting and yes I am getting transferred (not to Brazil)! The Lord has a need for me in Pennsylvania so I will stay here through the bitter cold and snow, then go to the extreme heat later :) I want to thank you all for your love, prayers, and kindness. It indeed has been a great learning experience for me to serve in Washington these past three months. I am sad to leave but at the same time I am excited for the new adventures that await in my new area!

I've got a roof over my head,
I've got a warm place to sleep. 
Some nights I lie awake counting gifts
Instead of counting sheep. 
I've got a heart that can hold love,
I've got a mind that can think.
There may be times when I loose the light
And let my spirits sink.
But I can't stay depressed
When I remember how I'm blessed.

Grateful, grateful
Truly grateful I am.
Grateful, grateful,
Truly blessed and duly grateful.

Well mostly a warm place to sleep. This Tuesday the temps where in the negatives so our apartment was pretty cold. We were sitting in an apartment at 50 degrees all day. So I guess you could say that is warm. 
I also have learned the power of saying grateful prayers. Sister Roberts told me once that when you are having a hard time, say a grateful prayer. Pure gratitude and your attitude will change. So whenever you are feeling down and your spirits sink, say a grateful prayer and you will always feel better.

In a city of strangers
I've got a family of friends.
No matter what rocks and brambles fill the way,
I know that they will stay until the end.
I feel a hand holding my hand.
It's not a hand you can see.
But on the road to the promised land,
This hand will shepherd me,
Through delight and despair,
Holding tight and always there.

Grateful, Grateful
Truly grateful I am.
Grateful, Grateful
Truly blessed and duly grateful.

This area has had its ups and downs. But it has been a great pleasure and honor to serve in Washington. I have met so many people that have changed my life. Donna is a bright spot in my time here. Each lesson with her I feel like she has taught me more than I taught her. She was so ready for the gospel to be in her life and her testimony of the Savior lifts me up each time I see her. Gretchen is a God send. She has taught me so much about the power of the atonement in each of our lives and the love that our Savior has for us. I feel like I have made a true and lasting friend in her. The Cagnon's have brought so much laughter into my life. They are hilarious and just fun. But most importantly Sister Cagnon gives what I call "mom hugs". If you have never had a mom hug then you are missing out. They are the kind of hugs that just wrap you up in love and comfort and make everything bad go away. 
 
Most importantly, here in Washington I have learned to look for the Savior's hand to hold. I know that as I allow Him to pilot my life, it will always go in the right direction. We as imperfect human beings sometimes don't understand what His purposes are, but if we trust them then it will all be worth it. He will guide us to the promised land and he will always be there through delight and despair. Look for His hand because it is reaching for yours.

It's not that I don't want a lot, 
Or hope for more, or dream of more. 
But giving thanks for what I've got
Makes me so much happier than keeping score.
In a world that can bring pain
I will still take each chance.
For I believe that whatever the terrain
Our feet can learn to dance.
Whatever stone life may sling
We can moan or we can sing.

Grateful, Grateful
Truly grateful I am 
Grateful, Grateful
Truly blessed and duly grateful!

I hope all of you have a great and fun filled week!
 
Remember the Lord loves you and the Church is true!
 
Love 
Sister Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment