Monday, November 18, 2013

Second Area Week 16- Put Your Shoulder To the Wheel (11-18-2013)

Family and Friends!
 
I hope this week has been a great one, cause I know that it has been for me! The snow has come (but only stayed for 3 days)! We have been working hard and "putting our shoulders to the wheel."
 
The world has need of willing men
Who wear the worker's seal.
Come, help the good work move along;
Put your shoulder to the wheel.
 
Put your shoulder to the wheel; push along,
Do your duty with a heart full of song,
We all have work; let no one shirk.
Put your shoulder to the wheel.
 
Last week was awesome and we got so much work done. In true fashion, Satan worked hard on the hearts of the people that we work with and our week didn't quite live up to last week. But in the end it was still awesome and I can truly say that I saw God's hand in our lives multiple times a day this week. The important thing is that when these moments come up, we must continue to work hard and endure to the end. I think the coolest thing to see was the power that servents of God have in the lives of so many. There are currently 7 missionaries serving in the Washington Ward not including the office Senior Couple. It is a testimony that there are countless young people so willing to take up the work of missionaries, but also that the members are so willing to share with their friends what they believe!
 
The Church has need of helping hands,
And hearts that know and feel.
The work to do is here for you;
Put your shoulder to the wheel.
 
Put your shoulder to the wheel; push along,
Do your duty with a heart full of song,
We all have work; let no one shirk.
Put your shoulder to the wheel.
 
As I said this week was really awesome! I have felt so many times since I have come out on the mission how important it is for me to be here. There are countless people that have touched my life and I hope that I have been able to touch some lives as well. I know that the work and calling of a missionary is sacred and important in Heavenly Father's plan for each of us. We had the opportunity to meet with a less active family this week that in the past missionaries hadn't been able to get in very often. Sister Cohen has a pretty good relationship with them, but they had been hard to get a hold of. Anyways I had the opportunity to share my experiences that I have had as a music major and the Cagnon's really opened up. Sister Cohen was suprised had how comfortable they felt so soon after meeting Sister Manwill and I. I know that we are all called to serve in specific places at specific times to help those around us come closer to Jesus Christ!
 
Then don't stand idly looking on;
The fight with sin is real.
It will be long but must go on;
Put your shoulder to the wheel.
 
Put your shoulder to the wheel; push along,
Do your duty with a heart full of song,
We all have work; let no one shirk.
Put your shoulder to the wheel.
 
This week has been really interesting as well. Aja, a recent convert, has been struggling as of late. Her grandmother passed away and many other trials have come her way in such a short span of time. I can tell that the adversary is working hard on her and that her faith is being very strongly tested. I know that it is not by chance that at the time of her deepest trials and needs Heavenly Father has put 7 missionaries within a 7 mile radius of her home. We are all cheering her on and have been trying to lift her up as she makes important choices in her life.
 
Then work and watch and fight and pray
With all your might and zeal.
Push ev'ry worthy work along;
Put your shoulder to the wheel.
 
Put your shoulder to the wheel; push along,
Do your duty with a heart full of song,
We all have work; let no one shirk.
Put your shoulder to the wheel.
 
I mentioned that Donna has a baptism date on November 30th in my email last week. She is going so strong and is an example to me and those around her. She is so dedicated and has a great testimony! In fact in most lessons she ends up teaching us about what we are talking about. She is already sharing what she has learned with her friends and has invited them all to her baptism. I have been amazed at how amazing she is and how ready she was to hear the gospel!
We are so excited for how the work is moving along here in Washington and can't wait to see the further blessing that Heavenly Father has in store for the people here! 
 
It snowed all Monday night and Tuesday and left a couple of inches. There weren't any accidents that I noticed and the roads were pretty clear. Sister Cohen is a great driver. She is going home next month and she is from Utah so she can drive in the snow. So don't worry, I am in good hands! I was going to send pictures but I left my plugy thing at home, so I can't :D
We had fun in the snow though. I am sure we will be shoveling snow at some point. We are so excited for the season!
 
Remember the Lord loves you and the Church is true!
 
Love,
Sister Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment