Monday, November 18, 2013

First Area Week 9- Savior Redeemer of My Soul (9-30-2013)

Family and Friends!

This has been one interesting week. Yesterday during sacrament I read this hymn and it sincerely moved me. I have always loved it, but yesterday it touched my heart and soul in a way that it never has before.

Savior, Redeemer of my soul,
Whose mighty hand hath made me whole,
Whose wondrous pow'r hath raised me up
And filled with sweet my bitter cup!
What tongue my gratitude can tell,
O gracious God of Israel.

Never can I repay thee, Lord,
But I can love thee. Thy pure word,
Hath it not been my one delight,
My joy by day, my dream by night?
Then let my lips proclaim it still,
And all my life reflect thy will. O'errule mine acts to serve thine ends.
Change frowning foes to smiling friends.
Chasten my soul till I shall be
In perfect harmony with thee.
Make me more worthy of thy love,
And fit me for the life above.

First off, Fall is coming in all of its splendor! Including bipolar weather and changing leaves. Last Monday I thought I was going to freeze to death and then the next day I was sweating again. I guess Ohio just can't decide if it is Fall or Summer still. I vote for more summer weather due to the nature of the clothes that I have with me. All summery things that are really thin, I guess I was optimistic about getting my visa before the weather started changing out here. Thankfully one of the ward members knowing that I was prepared for the Amazon and not Ohio cleaned out her closet and gave me some of her old sweaters. God definitely provides for all of us in our times of need, even if it is something as trivial as a simple sweater.


So you know how last week was so amazing. Yeah well Satan thought it was too cool, so he kinda crashed our party... Don't worry Brother Vanstone is still doing awesome, but he was the only one we actually talked to. Everyone else cancelled on us so we spent a lot of our time working on the Area Book, which was in shambles when we got here, and finding. So we got stuff done, but not what we thought we were going to. But that's okay, the Church is still true! Plus our testimony of back up plans was strengthened! Whoo!

The Relief Society General Broadcast was on Saturday night and it was totally awesome! I especially loved the talks by Sister Linda Reeves and President Monson! I am so excited for General Conference this coming weekend! I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. He is the president of God's Church here on the earth today and through divine inspiration and revelation he guides us all. I know that President Monson is a special witness of Jesus Christ and that he is His living prophet here on the earth today, just like Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. I also can't wait to hear the wonderful counsel that he and the apostles of God will give to us this coming weekend. I encourage you all to watch it and listen to their words! All you have to do is go to lds.org and you can hear for yourselves a prophet of God here on the earth today!


Remember the Lord loves you and the Church is true!
Sister Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment