Monday, November 18, 2013

Second Area Week 13- I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go (10-28-2013)

Family and Friends!
This might actually be the shortest email I will write. As you know transfers were last Tuesday and I was being transferred. I am currently serving in Washington, PA with Sister Cohen and Sister Manwill! YAY!! I love the two of them and I am sure that we will all work together well. Sister Cohen has 2 months left and Sister Manwill just got done with her training. They are both awesome Sisters and they love the work! I am excited to get to know them better and learn from them!
Washington is a booming area for the work, there are two sets of Elders and us in one ward. I can tell that the Lord has big things in mind for this ward, they are really into the work. I have gotten to meet some of the less actives and investigators that the Sister's have been working with, but there are so many I still haven't met them all. They are all wonderful and special people and I am so stoked for the potential for growth personally and for the ward!
In lieu of transfers I choose I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go as my theme song for the week...
It may not be on the mountain height
Or over the stormy sea,
It may not be at the battle's front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
To paths that I do not know,
I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I'll go where you want me to go.
(Chorus)
I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
Over mountain or plain or sea;
I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I'll be what you want me to be.
Perhaps today there are loving words
Which Jesus would have me speak;
There may be now in the paths of sin
Some wand'rer whom I should seek.
O Savior, if thou wilt be my guide,
Tho dark and rugged the way,
My voice shall echo the message sweet:
I'll say what you want me to say.
There's surely somewhere a lowly place
In earth's harvest fields so wide
Where I may labor through life's short day
For Jesus, the Crucified.
So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I'll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I'll be what you want me to be.
It was extraordinarily hard for me to leave St.Clairsville. I fell in love with the area and the people that we were working with. All of the people there took a chunk of my heart with them. However, in His loving kindness Heavenly Father helped me to know that I was needed elsewhere and my "work" so to speak in Wheeling/St.Clairsville was done. I will never forget the people that I met there and the lessons that I learned from each of them! So I looked up to my Heavenly Father and knew that wherever He sent me was where I was supposed to be! I am so excited to be in Cannonsburg/Washington, PA and to get to know the people better. Also, Sister Cohen has had three visa waiters and all of them have recieved their visas after serving with her, so I think she is a touch of good luck ;) I am confident that the three of us will serve together well and that miracles will happen in the area as we serve together in unity.
The weather has offically turned! It has snowed (but not stuck) twice and there is a pretty brisk breeze. The leaves are starting to fall and the striking colors are starting to fade and the inevitable winter will soon set in. But, not to worry because "I am walking in sunlight, when the whole world's covered in rainclouds. Finding the truth and living it out loud! When you know what's right, its like walking in sunlight" I am excited to be here and I wouldn't have it any other way!
So I don't know if you guys remember telling you about a guy that we taught a couple of weeks ago and he was from Logan. But we recently found out that he will be baptized in Logan on November 9. I don't have all of the details, but Jeff is really important to all of us who taught him. I was hoping that those of you in Utah or who have people you know close to Logan, could get to his baptism in my stead. I would like for there to be a representation of the missionaries that taught him the first lesson. It would really mean a lot to me if we could get a couple of people to go in November to his baptism! Tell everyone you know and maybe we can make this work!
Here is my new addy:
Sister Nay
100 1/2 Wilmont Ave
Washington,PA 15301
Because these places are so old and they have rebuilt some buildings, instead of renumbering the whole block they just add 1/2. Its weird but whatever right? I did chuckle at it when I first got out here.
Remember The Lord Loves YOU and the Church is True!
Love you all!!
Sister Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment