Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Second Area Week 17- Now Thank We All Our God (11-25-2013)

Family and Friends!

It is Thanksgiving Week and I could not be more thankful to be a missionary! The ward that I am serving in is more than amazing. For example a woman from our ward is sitting with us for 2 hours so we get to email our family from the Family History Center. Plus there is a baptism in our midst! This Saturday at 7 Donna will be getting baptized by her son Brain who was baptized a year ago! Sister Cohen, Sister Manwill and I could not be more excited!
 
Displaying DSCN0338.JPG
 
Now thank we all our God
With hearts and hands and voices,
Who wondrous things has done,
In whom his earth rejoices; 
 
I thank Heavenly Father everyday for the opportunity that I have to be a missionary!  I think best of all is that He has blessed me to be a visa waiter!  The people that I have gotten to know while I have been serving here in Pennsylvania have changed my life forever!  I am so excited to be here can can't wait to continue serving more next transfer. (No word on my visa yet, I am hoping for the first of the year!)
 
Displaying DSCN0342.JPG
 
Who from our mothers' arms,
Hath blessed us on our way
With countless gifts of ove
And still is ours today.
 
I am eternally grateful for my mom and dad who set the example for me.  They used all of their hearts, mights, minds, and, strengths to teach me that Gospel so that I could be here today!  I look back at moments in my life and marvel at the patience that they had for me and how much they want me to do what is right.  I know Heavenly Father blessed me with my parents so that I could grow up in righteousness and share the Gospel with the world.  I know that I wouldn't be the missionary and the person that I am today were it not for my parents and their unfaltering love for me, their daughter!
 
Displaying DSCN0362.JPG
 
Oh, may our bounteous God
Through all our life be near us,
With ever-joyful hearts
And blessed peace to cheer us,
And keep us in his love,
And guide us day and night,
And free us from all ills,
 Protect us by his might.
 
Not only do I love this verse for myself, but also for the many wonderful people  that I am currently working with. Aja, as I mentioned last week is going through ever so many trials in her
life right now.  I see in her eyes that the weight of the world is on her shoulders and her knees are beginning to buckle.  But as we have gone to visit her and bring the Spirit back into her life, she has noticeably changed.  As we have borne our testimonies of the healing powers of Christ's Atonement, she has allowed hope to spring back into her life.  I pray that Heavenly Father will always be near her throughout her life, that He will grant her joy, love, guidance, protection and peace.

Donna is a wonderful lady.  She has taught me more than I feel like I have taught her.  Her testimony is so strong and she loves Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  She is so charitable and sweet and kind and loving.  She lights up when she sees us either at lessons or at church.  It is a privilege that Heavenly Father has granted me the opportunity to guide her towards the waters of baptism.  I know that she would have made it to this point regardless of the missionaries that served here, but she has been a blessing in my life.
 
Always remember to thank Heavenly Father for what He has given you, even the trails that you face.
 
Displaying DSCN0397.JPG
 
Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger wind, the stronger tress.
The futher sky, the greater length.
The more the storm, the more the strenght.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow. 
 
Like President Monson said, in his talk " I Will Not Fail Thee, nor Forsake Thee" trials make us stronger.  So don't forget to thank Heavenly Father this week for the good and the bad, because if you don't know the bad the good wouldn't feel so great!
 
Remember the Lord loves you and the church is true! 
Sister Nay 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment