Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 2 MTC Email

I can't believe that I have been here so long! I love hearing from you guys. I loved hearing about all your experiences at the temple and Andrew's camp. I have been having a great time here and learning so much. I also have run into so many people that I know, it is crazy. Also, I can't believe how young some of the people who are here are, like 18 year olds and 19 year olds. Sister Wright is 19, she has never left home without family, she was home schooled and the like so she is having a really hard time. It is definately harder for missionaries who have never left home.  Sister Hopkins is handling life at the MTC way better even though she never has been away from home either, she is very much more mild mannered. Being in a trio takes a lot more work than I thought especially when we are trying to plan for investigators. Having 3 sets of ideas instead of 2 takes a lot of patience and selflessness. We have had to do a couple of inventories a week to keep things going well.


Sister Hopkins original companion, Sister Cebello, has been reassigned to the Nashville, TN mission until she gets her visa! She is so awesome. She is fluent in Spanish and already some Portuges so she was sent to a 12 day program at the MTC and is now off to the field.

We don't get to go the temple anymore, but we might get a cleaning assignment to help clean it though. We went on a temple walk on Sunday afternoon and another one this morning! I am sad we don't get to go anymore, but we do get to sleep til 6:30 now on P-days. Most days I have to get up at 5:45 so I can get ready because we have breakfast at 6:30, lunch is at 11, and dinner is at 4.
 

 
I have run into a previous co-worker Lexi from the RB, Hilary from my ward, Chris Story, and Elder Justin Park this past week. If you can believe it one of the elders in my district knows more people than me. I know more teachers and he knows more missionaries, its weird!
Sunday is the best here. We get to listen to music and the spoken word for RS and then we get guest speakers the whole MTC goes to that. Sister Sheri Dew spoke to us and of course it was amazing! She spoke about recognizing the spirit and listening to His promptings it was really great. Sacrament meeting was all in portugues but I understood most of it. WE all have to be prepared every week to give a short talk in portugues, because they call us from the stand. Luckily I didn't have too.. There is an evening devo that we all go to as well and it was super great. Afterwards they show lds movies and conference talks. They had legacy in portugues and I got the just of it!

 
 
We are going to have a special 4th of July devo and then we get to watch the stadium of fire fireworks! Don't really know what is going to happen. I am so excited.

Eu se que Jesus Cristo e meu Salvador! Eu se que o Livro de Mormon e verdadiero.
 
Te amo!!
Sister Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment